Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant salaries are typically considered high-paying across the United States, with median annual salaries ranking above $100,000 for both positions. However, salaries can differ quite a bit in cities across the country, due to cost of living and other factors.
If your 2020 job search has you considering a change in location, be it across the state or across the country, knowing which areas offer the highest pay can help you decide your next move.
Take a look at the top ten metro areas offering the highest average annual salaries for NPs and PAs below.
Highest Paying Metro Areas – Nurse Practitioners
- New Bedford, MA – $156,980
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA – $150,790
- Spokane-Spokane Valley, WA – $148,440
- Sumter, SC – $145,890
- Vallejo-Fairfield, CA – $145,400
- Leominster-Gardner, MA – $145,020
- Yuma, AZ – $142,650
- Rochester, MN – $142,640
- Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville, FL – $141,800
- Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, CT – $141,460
Highest Paying Metro Areas – Physician Assistants
- Danbury, CT – $146,000
- Salinas, CA – $145,700
- Visalia-Porterville, CA – $141,400
- Olympia-Tumwater, WA – $139,770
- Spokane-Spokane Valley, WA – $138,900
- Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin, SC – $137,670
- Leominster-Gardner, MA – $135,550
- Homosassa Springs, FL – $133,850
- Santa Cruz-Watsonville, CA – $133,660
- New Bern, NC – $132,640
Disclaimer: The viewpoint expressed in this article is the opinion of the author and is not necessarily the viewpoint of the owners or employees at Healthcare Staffing Innovations, LLC.